Do you have experience operating machines and would you like to learn how to operate several vinyl presses simultaneously? Then we have an interesting job for you at Record Industry in Haarlem! To expand our team, we are looking for a:
Press Shop Operator
32 - 40 hours per week
As the demand for vinyl is huge, we want to continue growing. We are looking for a new colleague with a feel for technology.
The press shop is the heart of the company, where thousands of kilos of vinyl are pressed to manufacture around 50,000 records a day. Besides black vinyl, we also press records in all kinds of colours. Together, 18 operators, 2 supervisors and 4 assistant supervisors ensure the best quality every day. Another 30 presses are ready to start running soon. This is what we need you for!
What will you be doing?
As a Press Shop operator, you ensure that several presses run optimally, in which respect you always give priority to the quality of the end product. You are responsible for setting up new orders on the press. Resolving small malfunctions and keeping your workplace clean are also part of your daily work.
What are we looking for?
- A colleague who is keen to learn, with some technical insight, problem-solving ability and perseverance.
- Experience in operating machines or as an operator is a plus.
- Ability to function well both independently and in a team.
- Willingness to work in 2 shifts from 06.00-14.30 and from 14.30-23.00.
- Use of personal protective equipment, such as work clothing and hearing protection (will be provided by Record Industry).
- Flexible attitude towards working hours and work.
- Command of the Dutch language. Do you speak English? That's no problem for us. We will make sure that we understand each other and will be happy to help you with that.
- Stress resistant and good ability to concentrate in a dynamic working environment.
- Living in or near Haarlem.
What do we offer?
- A challenging position in a social, informal working environment where commitment and thinking in solutions are appreciated.
- A part-time or full-time (32 - 40 hours) fixed-term contract with the prospect of permanent employment.
- The minimum salary is € 2,000 (as of 21 years of age) excluding shiftwork allowance and a maximum of € 2,500 per month based on 40 hours, depending on age, knowledge and experience.
- A shiftwork allowance of 14% of the gross salary.
- 25 holiday days per year.
- Variable, result-dependent bonus payment.
- Bicycle plan.
- Pension Scheme.
Are you interested? Please mail a short application letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this position, please call 023 551 11 15 and ask for Reinier Lefeber.
Record Industry is a gramophone record pressing company, located in Haarlem. We are one of the largest record pressing plants in the world and press for record companies and artists at home and abroad. Classical music, pop, rock and dance, from Mozart to Lady Gaga: we produce something for everyone. What makes us special is that we manufacture everything under one roof. We process the order, cut the audio, galvanise the press moulds, press the records, print and glue the sleeves and package the product. We even have our own recording studio in the building. A vinyl production plant the size of a football pitch, where we press and package around 11 million records per year with a team of almost 140 people. In the press shop there are 32 machines that press around forty to fifty thousand records every working day. Another 30 machines will be added in the near future.